Friday, April 11, 2014

FO Friday: Indian Feathers Shawlette

I'm in Spokane at the Region 13 Sweet Adelines Convention, and my group doesn't take the stage until tomorrow.  It's a really... interesting experience.  Lots of glitter everywhere.  But that's not what you're reading this for.  You want to know what I've made!

Last week, I finished a shawlette that's been sitting in a sad little bag, waiting for someone to block it and let its true colors shine through.  This small shawl / large scarf is based off the Indian Feathers pattern by Alina Appasov.  The pattern included an option for either knupps (a complicated little detail that can be really tough on your hands and requires extra yarn) or beads.  It wasn't even really a choice for me; I will always choose beads.  I used less than a skein of Silky Alpaca Lace by Classic Elite Yarns and 175 beads of different shades.  Here's what it looked like before blocking:


Kind of sad, right?  But watch is it gloriously unfolds after a 20 minute soak and some quick pinning.


Mmmm, that's good blocking!  And check out the drape on this beauty:



So, you can't really see the beads, and the top of the stockinette area curls (as stockinette will do), but I really love the subtle variegation in the red yarn, the halo from the alpaca, and the way the ends turn into a lovely ruffle when it's not pulled tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment